Library Policies - Circulation
The Library issues free library cards to all eligible residents of the Library District who are three years of age or older. Residents are required to show two forms of identification at the time of registration showing current address; a driver's license, utility bill, or voter's registration card are examples of proof of residency. Please call ahead to verify that you reside in the Prospect Heights Public Library District.
Children under high school age must have a parent or guardian sign their application. Once a student enters high school, a library card may be issued without a parent's signature. The student must show identification showing proof of current address.
Prospect Heights Public Library District cards are honored by member libraries of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) and by most public libraries in Illinois. Some libraries, however, restrict certain materials and set a limit on the number of items loaned to users from other libraries.
- 3 week loans: Most Books, TV Series DVDs, CDs & Magazines
- 2 week loans: Popular New Books
- 1 week loans: DVDs and Bestsellers
Renewals and Holds
- Most materials may be placed on hold in person, via computer, or by calling the library during regular business hours.
- Library materials that are eligible for renewal and not on hold for another patron will be renewed automatically on their due dates, up to two times.