The library opens at 1pm on Friday, 2/23 due to a staff in-service training.
The library will be opening its doors at 1pm on Friday, 2/23 due to a morning in-service training. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Dremel 3D Idea Builder 3D20 & Dremel 3D45
The Library has 2 3D printers, a Dremel 3D Idea Builder 3D20 and a newer Dremel 3D45 available to patrons for learning and entertainment purposes. The cost of a print is a charge of $1 per print, plus 5 cents per gram. You must have a Prospect Heights Library Card to submit a 3D print.
Submitting a 3D Print
If you would like to have something printed at the Library, submit your print via our 3D Print Request Form. You will then have to fill out the request form. Fill out all the required sections, including agreeing to our policy, and press Submit 3D Request.
- Single color prints
- Prints up to 9” x 5.9” x 5.5”
- You will be contacted by the Library with an estimation of cost after you submit your print file. If you agree, the Library will proceed with the print.
- Cost is $1 plus 5 cents per gram.
- Usually prints within 1 to 2 business days of cost confirmation
- If a print fails we will attempt to fix and reprint it. You will not be charged for failed prints.
- You will receive an email that your print is complete and ready for pickup with final cost (final costs and estimates can vary, but only by a few grams)
- You will pay for the item at pickup at the Info Desk.
Our printer uses PLA plastic, which is a nontoxic biodegradable plastic from plant-based sources.