Meeting Room Reservations
To apply to use a meeting room, please select one of the buttons below. Your reservation is not confirmed until you have paid the appropriate fees and received confirmation from the Library.
The Prospect Height Public Library District has meeting rooms available to serve the needs of both the Library and the Prospect Heights community. The Library provides these meeting rooms to promote the mission of linking the community to the world of ideas. The use of these meeting rooms is for non-profit community organizations whose objectives are cultural, educational, or civic in nature.
Use of these meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Prospect Heights Public Library District.
Room availability is as follows:
- Meeting Room A (near windows) – Capacity 54
- Meeting Room B (includes kitchen)- Capacity 42
- Combination of Meeting Room A & B – Capacity 105
The meeting rooms are available for reservations at the following times:
Mon – Thurs 10:15 am – 8:45 pm
Friday 10:15 am – 5:45 pm
Saturday 10:15 am – 4:45 pm
Sunday 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm
The library is closed on Sundays from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day.
All groups must vacate the room at the Library's closing time.
Priority for any meeting room will be given in the following order:
- Library Board of Trustee meetings.
- Library-sponsored meetings or programs.
- Library-related meetings or programs such as professional meetings.
- Educational, cultural, or civic meetings or programs co-sponsored by organizations within the Prospect Heights Public Library District.
- Town Hall meetings sponsored by government representatives whose districts include the Library district.
- Other meetings or programs that are deemed appropriate to the Library.
The Library's meeting rooms may not be used for:
- Social meetings or private parties.
- Meetings that may be disruptive to the Library routine or may not be appropriate to the Library.
- Commercial meetings in which products or services are solicited and/or sold.
- Partisan political meetings and rallies.
A $25 fee will be charged for each meeting unless it is Library sponsored.
A $10 clean-up fee will be charged when refreshments are served.
Refunds will not be given for space/time booked and not used. Payment of fees is required for the confirmation of the reservation. Payment can be made by cash or check made payable to Prospect Heights Public Library District. Payment must be received before access to the room is given.
Any organization wishing to use a Library meeting room should reserve it with Adult Services or from our homepage. Reservations must be completed by an adult 18 years or older. One person from the applicant organization must be responsible for the use of the room and must read the regulations and sign the application. The signee must be present at the time of the event. The person signing the room rental agreement agrees to reimburse the Library for all expenses needed to repair Library property or grounds that may be damaged.
Rooms may be booked up to 6 months in advance.
- Admission may not be charged by any group meeting in the meeting room.
- Literature, pamphlets, or merchandise may not be sold on the premises.
- All press releases, promotional materials, and other forms of publicity must be approved by an authorized Library staff member at least seven days before publication or distribution and must contain the following statement: "This is not a Prospect Heights Public Library District sponsored program." Failure to comply with the approval process or to include the above statement may result in the cancellation of the reservation with no refund.
- The sponsoring organization is responsible for ensuring their meeting complies with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Light refreshments (i.e., coffee, tea, non-alcoholic beverages, cake, and cookies) supplied by the organization may be served. Each group must provide its own paper goods and utensils.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Users of any meeting rooms are responsible for their own set-up and clean-up. Adequate time for set-up and clean-up must be included in the time reserved. Groups are responsible for restoring the meeting rooms to the condition prior to the meeting. If a user does not leave the room in a clean and orderly condition, future reservations may be denied.
- Children's groups under age thirteen (13) must provide adult supervision at a ratio of one (1) adult for each ten (10) children. High school groups, with members under eighteen (18) years of age, must have an adult sponsor who, in turn, must be present at the meeting.
- Attendance is limited to 42 chairs (21 with tables and chairs) in Meeting Room A, 54 chairs (27 with tables and chairs) in Meeting Room B and 105 in the room combined.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Organizations meeting in the Library may not use the Library as a mailing address, nor may Library personnel be asked to take attendance reservations for organizations using the meeting room(s). The Library is not to be included as a source for further information about the meeting.
- Meetings must be open to the public and free of charge.
- Wireless internet access is available in all meetings room.
- The Library's AV equipment may be available for use by outside organizations. The Library staff is not available to operate equipment for outside groups. The list of available equipment is on the meeting room applicant form online.