Library Policies - Facilities
Prospect Heights Public Library District Meeting Room Policy
Revised February 2019
The Prospect Height Public Library District has meeting rooms available to serve the needs of both the Library and the Prospect Heights Library District community. The Library provides these meeting rooms to promote the mission of linking the community to the world of ideas. The use of these meeting rooms is open to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable, advocacy, civic, religious, or political activities. Use of these meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Prospect Heights Public Library District.
Availability and Use
Room availability is as follows:
- Borland Room (Seats 70)
- Lusk Room (Seats 14)
The meeting rooms are available for reservations at the following times:
- Monday through Thursday 10:15 am – 8:45 pm
- Friday 10:15 am – 5:45 pm
- Saturday 10:15 am – 4:45 pm
- Sunday 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm
The Library is closed on Sundays between the Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends
Types of Meetings and Priorities
Priority for use of the meeting room(s) will be given in the following order:
- Library Board of Trustee meetings.
- Library-sponsored meetings or programs.
- Library-related meetings or programs such as professional committee meetings.
- Meetings or programs sponsored by organizations within the Prospect Heights Public Library District.
- Town Hall meetings sponsored by government representatives whose districts include the Library district.
- Meetings or programs sponsored by organizations from outside the Prospect Heights Public Library District.
Types of Meetings Which May Not be Held in the Library Meeting Room(s):
- Private parties.
- Commercial meetings in which products or services are solicited and/or sold.
- A $25 fee will be charged for each meeting unless it is Library sponsored.
- A $10 cleanup fee will be charged when refreshments are served.
- Payment can be made by cash or check made payable to Prospect Heights Public Library District.
- Payment must be received before access to the room is given.
- Payment of fees is required for the confirmation of the reservation.
- Refunds will not be given for space/time booked and not used.
- Refunds will not be made on cancellations made within 48 hours of the meeting date.
- Rooms may be booked up to 6 months in advance.
- Reservations must be made at least 3 business days before the event.
- Any organization wishing to use a Library meeting room must reserve it at either the lnformation Desk or at http://www.phpl.info/evanced/lib/roomrequest.asp.
- Reservations must be completed by an adult, 18 years or older.
- One contact person from the applicant organization is responsible for the use of the room.
- The contact person must be present at the time of the event.
- The contact person agrees to reimburse the Library for all expenses needed to repair Library property or grounds that may be damaged.
General Rules and Regulations
- All Library policies apply to use of the meeting rooms.
- Organizations whose meetings or programs that disrupt the ability of other patrons to use the Library may have future reservations denied.
- Meetings must be open to the public and free of charge
- Admission may not be charged by any group meeting in the meeting room.
- Neither merchandise nor services may be sold on the premises.
- All promotional materials, social media posts must contain the following statement:
Prospect Heights Public Library District provides meeting room space as a community service. The Library neither sponsors nor endorses this event nor the presenting individual(s) or organization(s).
- The sponsoring organization is responsible for ensuring their meeting complies with requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Light refreshments (i.e. coffee, tea, non-alcoholic beverages, cake, and cookies) supplied by the organization may be served with an additional $10 fee. Each group must provide its own paper goods and utensils.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Users of any meeting rooms are responsible for their own set-up and clean-up. Adequate time for set-up and clean-up must be included in the time reserved. Groups are responsible for restoring the meeting rooms to the condition prior to the meeting. If a user does not leave the room in a clean and orderly condition future reservations may be denied.
- Groups with members under 18 years of age must have an adult sponsor present.
- Attendance is limited to 70 chairs (45 with tables and chairs) in the Borland Room and 14 chairs in the Lusk Conference Room.
- Organizations meeting in the library will not use the Library as a mailing address. Library personnel will not take attendance reservations for organizations using the meeting room(s). The Library will not be a source for information about the meeting.
- Wireless internet access is available in all meeting rooms.
- The Library’s AV equipment may be available for use by outside organizations. The Library staff is not available to operate equipment for outside groups. The list of available equipment is on the Meeting room applicant form online.