Updated Feburary 16, 2021
During our renovation, the Library is offering virtual and drive-up service until the renovation work is complete in Spring of 2021.
- Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Closed on Sunday
Staff Will Be Available
You can reach staff during drive-up service hours via telephone, email, and chat. We are always happy to place item requests, answer questions or assist with any of our digital resources.
Library Services Continue
You will still be able to:
More Library Services
- We continue to provide virtual programs through Zoom, Facebook Live, YouTube.
- Watch your mailbox for our monthly Elm Leaf.
- Register for any events on our website program calendar.
- You can also register for other electronic newsletters to keep updated.
The Library is pleased to now offer drive-up service. The drive-up service window is adjacent to the book drop and is available during the Library's service hours.
Item holds must be requested in advance. You will be notified by email, text, or phone when they are ready. After you have been notified, call the Library to arrange a time to pick up your holds.
Please follow these steps when you arrive:
- Please go to the drive-up service window call us at 847-259-3500
- Wait for Library staff to open the drawer and then place your library card inside
- Retrieve your items from the drawer
No returns will be accepted through the drive-up service drawer. Please continue to use the drop box adjacent to the drawer for all returns.
Placing Your Holds
You may place holds using our online catalog, by calling the library at 847-259-3500 or by using our chat line. You may also send your hold request via email to the Youth Services Department at email@example.com or the Adult services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. When your holds become available, you will be notified by email, text, or phone. You may then call us during service hours to arrange for drive-up service.
The book drop at the back of the building is open for returns. Please call the Library during service hours if you have an item that will not fit in the drop box.
Library Renovation Work
Please note that all items returned to the Library are quarantined for 3 days before being checked in and put back into circulation. It may take up to five days for items to be removed from your account.
We are not accepting donations.
Follow our progress by visiting our renovation updates page.