|LEGO & DUPLO Builders Club - Volcano|
Event Type: Youth Program|
Age Group(s): All ages
Start Time: All Day
Who does not love an erupting volcano! Build a volcano using bricks, then watch it erupt when you add a vinegar, baking soda and dish soap mixture. View our volcanoes erupting and share yours on the Library's June 3 Facebook post.
What to do:Contact: Alice Bisanz
1. Build your brick volcano around a container, such as a plastic cup or glass jar
2. Go outside or prepare for some clean-up inside
3. Pour ingredients into the container
4. Add two spoonfuls of baking soda
5. Add about a spoonful of dish soap
6. Add about 5 drops each of the red and yellow food coloring
7. Get your camera ready and prepare for the eruption!
8. Add about an ounce of the vinegar into the container and watch your volcano come alive.
9. Share your photos on the library's June 3 Facebook post.
Presenter: Alice Bisanz
Link: PHPL Facebook