Updated July 15, 2020
The Library is open!
We are now open to the public. Curbside pickup service remains available. We ask your cooperation by following the guidelines outlined below:
- Patrons entering the building must wear masks.
- Patrons unable or unwilling to wear a mask may use our curbside pickup service
- Up to 50 patrons will be allowed in the building at a given time.
- Patrons are encouraged to conduct their business quickly and not linger longer than necessary.
- Patrons may use computers one session per day for a maximum of one hour.
- Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Closed on Sunday
Additional Reopening Information
- The Library is open to all patrons, including reciprocal borrowers.
- The Youth Services Department is closed to the public, but staff is available to retrieve items for patrons. Popular youth collections have been relocated to allow patron access.
- Lobby restrooms are available to the public.
- Passport services are available.
- Study and meeting rooms remain closed.
- Incoming items are quarantined for 96 hours prior to being checked in.
- High touch areas are cleaned and sanitized by staff throughout the day.
- Staff are following current recommended guidelines for social distancing, hand sanitizing and wearing of face masks.
The Library is pleased to offer curbside pickup which is available during the Library’s service hours. Items must be requested in advance. You will be notified by email, text, or phone when holds are ready. At that time, call the Library and we will schedule an appointment for you to pick up your holds.
Please follow these steps when you arrive:
- Park in one of the two designated spots at the entrance to the Library.
- Close your vehicle windows and open your trunk.
- Have your library card number ready to show a staff member through the window.
- Call the Library at 847-259-3500 and we will bring your items to your vehicle.
- If you’re on a bicycle or on foot, we’ll place your items on the bench.
No returns will be accepted through Curbside Pickup. Please use the drop box at the back of the building for all returns.
Placing Your Holds
You may place holds using our online catalog, by calling the library at 847-259-3500 or by using our chat line. You may also send your hold request via email to the Youth Services Department at email@example.com or the Adult services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. When your holds become available, you will be notified by email, text, or phone. You may then call us during service hours to arrange for curbside pickup.
Our book drops are open for returns. Please do not bring items for return inside the Library building until further notice. Exceptions are large items that do not fit in the drop box. Please speak to a staff member if you have such an item.
All items returned to the Library are quarantined for 4 days before being checked in and put back into circulation.
We are not accepting donations.